This is most loved bread across the world if you have sweet tooth. You will definitely love this bread recipe.
- 1/2 c Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 c Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 c Bread flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tbsp active dry yeast
If you want to make One Pound of Bread the ingredients are.
- 1/3 c Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 c Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 c Whole wheat flour
- 1 c Bread flour
- 1 t Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 ts Baking soda
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
If you don’t have fresh buttermilk, reconstituted dry buttermilk powder may be used instead of fresh buttermilk.
- Use 4 tbsp dry buttermilk and 1 cup water for 1-1/2 lb. loaf add 2 tbsp. more buttermilk as well).
- Use 3 tbsp. buttermilk and 3/4 cup water for the 1-pound loaf add 1 tbsp more buttermilk.
- Use 4 teaspoons yeast for a 1-1/2-pound loaf.
- One-pound size loaf measurement does not change.
- The egg and oats lend a wonderfully rich, creamy flavor to this bread.
- Serve it with a crock of sweet butter and homemade preserves.
- Place all ingredients in bread pan, select Light Crust setting, and press Start.
- If you use some kitchen hacks, that can save your time.
- After baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cake rack, and allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.