My fiancé and I first discovered polenta at a Trader Joes cooking demo. We just started eating gluten free at the time, so this discovery gave us some great options for foods we once loved . . . Like lasagna, shall we say?!? From then on, we were hooked! There's only about 70 calories per serving of polenta, so you won't be left with that over-full feeling.
This is a once a week dish for our house, so give it a shot! You won't be disappointed!
Layer 1: Sliced polenta
POLENTA LASAGNA (makes 4)
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- 1 tube of polenta (we love the polenta from Trader Joes).
- 2 cups of chopped veggies (we like peppers, carrots, asparagus, etc).
- 2 cups marinara sauce (we like vodka sauce from Trader Joes or my homemade veggie pasta sauce).
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (can mix with mozzarella or vegan cheese of choice).
- *optional topping of fresh basil and heirloom tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté veggies.
- Layer ingredients in the following order:
- Layer 1 - Cover the bottom of baking pan with sliced polenta
- Layer 2 - Half of the sauce
- Layer 3 - Veggies
- Layer 4 - Half of the cheese
- Layer 5 -Sliced polenta
- Layer 6- The rest of sauce
- Layer 7 - The rest of cheese
Bake in oven at 400 for 20-25 min.
*Optional: Garnish with fresh basil.
*Optional: Top with fresh heirloom tomatoes.