Being a steak lover yourself, you must have visited numerous steakhouse restaurants. And experience vouches for a fact that different steakhouses have different specialities, and only a few are worth revisiting. Now, what is it that one must look for in a steakhouse apart from the usuals – ambience, location, and staff hospitality? Well, if you’ve been wondering about the same, then your answer is listed in the 4 pointers below.
- Quality of the Meat
- Butcher and Chef Experience
- Cooking Method
- Variety of the Menu and Wine
Please, follow the guide below for a detailed analysis.
Quality of The Meat
Meat used to prepare steaks is usually graded depending upon the following things:
Whilst there are usually 8 grades, the best ones that only elite steakhouses like Rib N Reef use include:
2 – Butcher and Chef Experience
Experienced butchers are highly trained in cutting a piece from the target muscles of the cow. Only perfectly cut beef tastes best. An experienced butcher knows everything about the ideal thickness of every specific steak kind.
Moving on, only experienced Chefs like the chef at Rib n reef are able to cook versatile dishes. The Chef’s special at this Montreal-based steakhouse that you must try includes the following.
- Italian-style milk-fed veal parmigiana.
- French Chateaubriand Bouquetière.
- Manchon des Voltigeurs chicken breast.
- Double cut lamb chops.
3 – Cooking Method
No matter how precise the cut is and how fresh the meat is, without proper cooking, the steak will taste ridiculous. The cooking method also depends upon the type of steak because:
- Heavily marbled and creamy steaks like Filet Mignon, Ribeye, and Porterhouse, do not require marination. They are usually cooked at medium to high heat and they taste best when grilled or broiled.
- On the other hand, less fatty steaks like Top Sirloin, Flank, and Tri-tip require marination before cooking. Also, they shouldn’t be cooked for long at high flame. These precautions are mandatory so that the steak doesn’t dry out.
4 – Variety f the Menu and Wine
The menu at a good steakhouse restaurant won’t be limited. Rather, it’ll be creative and vast. Some such best dishes and sauces served at Rib n reef steakhouse include the following ones that you must taste.
- Appetizers – Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail or Grilled, Fresh Shucked Oysters, and Grilled Octopus.
- Salads – Signature Caesar Salad, Authentic Greek Village Salad, and Wedge Salad.
- Soups – Homemade Lobster Bisque and French Onion Soup Gratiné.
- Dry-Aged Prime Steaks – Rib Steak – P.K’s Cut, Rib Steak – Junior Cut, Sirloin – New York Cut, Sirloin “Flambée Au Poivre”, Filet Mignon, Filet Mignonette, Porterhouse, and Châteaubriand Bouquetière.
- Wines – Les choix du Sommelier, Rosé au verre, Vins Rouges au Verre, Bourgogne, and so on.