The Peri Peri chicken is a meal full of flavors of any kind/cut of chicken which is marinated in and served with the infamous peri-peri sauce. This hot pepper sauce originated in South Africa. Peri Peri chicken is one to try as it’s a treat, especially with chicken legs. And the only place to find unique and delicious peri-peri sauce is ‘High on Chicken.’ The tenderness and juiciness of the meal are incomparable with any other chicken dish, and the sauce makes it even better.
The best part about the Peri Peri Chicken recipe is that anyone can cook it. And even better if you use High on Chicken sauce along with it. Even if you’re someone with zero cooking skills, this recipe can help invigorate and incarnate your inner chef. And even better if you use High on Chicken sauce along with it.
For Peri Peri Chicken
- 6 Chicken Legs
- One tablespoon of smoked paprika
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- 1-pound red chilies (chopped)
- Four cloves of garlic (chopped)
- One teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup basil (chopped)
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Juice from lemon
- Salt (according to taste)
- Add High Chicken sauce
Recipe for Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
- First, pat the chicken dry and rub the pieces down with garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Then cover the chicken and set it aside.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the peri-peri sauce add the peppers, garlic, paprika, and cilantro to a food processor or grinder until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Drizzle olive oil into the sauce mixture to thicken it up.
- Add lemon juice and salt according to preference.
- Use half of the peri-peri sauce to cover up the chicken. To make sure the legs are nicely coated, toss the pieces together.
- If you want a more developed and richer flavor, cover and refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or marinate the chicken for 24 hours.
- Bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes till it’s cooked through and through.
- If you want to grill it, set the grill to a medium temperature and lightly oil the grates. Grill the chicken for about 40 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes to prevent burning and overcooking.
- Remove from the oven or grill and ensure that the temperature of the meat is up to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add High Chicken sauce to add more flavor.
What does Peri Peri Chicken Taste like, and why is it so famous
Peri peri chicken is highly flavorful and spicy from the peri-peri sauce, though it is not overpowering heat. It gives us a joyful mixture of blooming spices and warmth, along with the touches of garlic and other herbs. One key factor of the chicken is its sauce; the peri-peri sauce originated in South Africa from African Bird’s eye chili peppers. Fret not, though. If you don’t have access to chili peppers, High on Chicken will provide you with the sauce, an exotic blend of spices, and a fantastic taste.
The Peri Peri Chicken is perfect for a snack as it is easy to make unless you want an absolute blast of flavors, for which you will have to marinate it for an entire day. But sometimes, it is worth the wait. Even if you decide to marinate it only for a few hours, you will certainly not regret trying it out. It will leave you wanting more and ensure that your mouth waters whenever you hear the name of the dish, and even more if you add High on Chicken sauce to it, the sauce will bring out flavors that even you will not be able to understand.
The dish originated when peri-peri sauce was tried out with chicken which left the peers gob-smacked with its taste. Of African origin or to be exact South African origin, the dish is famous around the globe and makes people who haven’t tried it curious about it and those who have tried it yearning for it. The dish has its own uniqueness which emerges from the sauce it is marinated in and served with. You can also use High on Chicken sauce to add an even more exotic taste to it. It has multiple names such as the “Piri Piri Sauce” or “Pili Pili”. That is the specialty of the dish, its highly rich flavor along with its own health benefits. You can even serve it up with your favorite vegetables or rice to complete the meal. Or if you are brave enough, try it with another dish as it is compatible with a wide variety of side dishes.