Soanpapdi is a very popular sweet in the southern part of the country. There are various flavors available in Soanpapdis, the most famous one is made by Haldirams. These desserts are found easily in nearby sweet shops. Soanpapdi sweets are most commonly ordered at occasional times especially during Diwali and Raksha Bandhan festivals. The sweets are loved by many people because of its flaky and powdery flavor. People can easily purchase sweets because soanp apdi online are cost-inefficient. The ingredients to make soanpapdi are simple, it is a combination of sweetened sugar, flours, and decorated with almonds and pistachios.
In soanpapdi cardamom plays an important role to enhance the aroma and flavor. It can be prepared very easily at home with available ingredients.
Ingredients required for making soanpapdi
- 1 ¼ cups of gram flour
- 250 grams of ghee
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of crushed lightly green cardamom
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Method of preparation
- Take a large bowl and add the gram flour along with all-purpose flour. In a heavy saucepan put on the ghee and then add the flour mixture and sauté on simmer until it turns golden browns. Keep the content aside and allow it to cool
- The syrup consistency is prepared by adding sugar, milk, and water. Allow it to cook for 5mintues and bring it to a threadlike mixture. Immediately put on the syrup consistency to the flour mixture and beat the mixture continuously with the blender till the whole fusion forms a flake.
- Pour the mixture into lubricating thali and roll it tightly into a 1-inch thickness. Cut the whole thing into square pieces after it cools down. Also place them in an airtight food condition, to avoid letting the soanpapdis soften. You can garnish the soanpapdi by sprinkling with pistachios and dried rose petals to make the dish more eye-catching. Prepare the sweet at your get to gather time and make the occasion an unforgettable moment.
- When the thread-like consistency is formed then pull off your forefinger and thumb apparently after touching the syrup. This is the stage where syrup is dropped into a bowl of water to form a softball.
Soanpapdi are simple but most delicious sweets preparing the sweet at home are easy because you can add the ingredients of your choices. Homemade sweets are healthy and super tasty. It is made of only ghee, sugar, flour, and besan. The cardamom has larger nutrients known for lower blood pressure and contains cancer-fighting properties as well. The sweets are good at curing digestion problems and mouth ulcers.Even diabetic patients can have soanpapdi because it has low sugar with good amount of nutrients. Soanpapdi has a good amount of ghee content and maintains a good source in the body. Compared to other sweets soanpapdi prices are lower. Enjoy your day by having delicious sweets and make your day unforgettable.