It takes a little extra to make a difference. Different in taste, flavor, and aroma. OMG is when you have cheese cream dripping on all sides of a baked potato stuffed with vegetables and bacon. This is heaven. A single time baked potato can’t give enough satisfaction like twice-baked potatoes with eye catching fillings.
4 large russet potatoes
Any desired toppings or spices
Preparation time: 5 minutes
First bake time: 50 minutes
Filling in time: 5 minutes
Second bake time: 15 minutes
Combined time: 75 minutes
Paring knife or fork
Below are the baby steps to follow to preparing delicious twice baked potatoes ;
- Wash potato carefully with a vegetable scrub. Avoid bruising its skin in the process.
- Use a paring knife to pierce the potato 6-8 times for an easy flow of steam while cooking.
- Dilute 2 tablespoons of salt in a half cup of warm water. Soak potatoes in till evenly coated.
- This step is optional. Use a pastry brush to grease the rack with butter or oil. It helps prevent the potato skin from sticking to the rack after baking. You can also grease the skin to give it a nice flavor and improve taste.
- Preheat oven to a 425°f and arrange potatoes in the wire rack on your baking sheet uniformly to place in the oven.
- Halfway gone in the cooking process, turn potatoes to get all sides equally done and return back to the oven.
- After 50-55 minutes, retrieve potatoes from oven. Cut an oval shape on its top and scoop out its insides with a spoon into a bowl. Be careful not to spoil its shells.
- Add in your favorite toppings (cream, cheese, butter, bacon bits, etc). Mix well with a hand mixer until evenly blended.
- Place mixture back in the potato shells. You can top with herbs and spices or veggies before returning back to the oven.
- Return back to the oven for 15 minutes to bake and your meal is ready to serve.
- B: Piercing the potato is to avoid explosion and very important in avoiding kitchen accidents. Use a meat thermometer to measure your potato to a 210°f to be properly done.
These steps are friendly and you can easily slide through. Cook without restrains. Taste the difference with dual baked potatoes.